The most advanced form of dentistry is now happens through computer technology. SMILEWORKS is one of the few offices in Southern California to use the CEREC system. CEREC is a sophisticated computer-aided system for producing durable high-quality porcelain restorations.
It is simple to use, fast, and conserves the natural tooth. CEREC is ideal for patients who want an authentic tooth-colored restoration superior to amalgam, gold or even composite. Studies now indicate that CEREC porcelain inserts are the best types of restorations available in the world today. In most cases the CEREC system allows porcelain inserts such as inlays, onlays and even full crowns to be completed in a single session without impressions, temporaries or long waiting periods.
YES, ONE VISIT WITH NO TEMPORARIES and NO MESSY IMPRESSIONS!
Come experience ONE VISIT DENTISTRY AT ITS FINEST!
Perfect teeth in 5 easy steps.
- Before treatment starts your dentist will inform you about all the benefits of your CEREC porcelain insert.
- The first step is to remove the decayed portion of the tooth and/or the existing filling. The CEREC infrared digital camera then takes a three dimensional optical image of your tooth.
- The contours of the porcelain insert are designed on the computer screen as you relax and watch your dentist digitally sculpt your tooth on a screen.
- The CEREC then uses diamond milling instruments to shape the porcelain insert from a solid block of porcelain. This takes about 8 minutes! All while you wait and watch your porcelain insert being shaped in the milling unit.
- After about 8 min later, the porcelain insert gets cemented into your tooth and polished. The finished porcelain restoration looks and feels exactly like natural tooth structure.